Except you can’t turn left at this particular intersection. The driver, however, didn’t care about that.
A line of cars started to form behind me. And after getting frustrated that the oncoming cars won’t letting him turn left, the driver decided to just do it anyway, causing a near accident and inspiring a lot of people to use their horns for the first time.
This is minor in my book of driving infractions.
I don’t get angry too often — but I seem to have zero tolerance for bad driving.
Here are a few bad driving habits that annoys me:
- When you’re at a red light and the car in front of you doesn’t signal he’s turning left until the light turns green.
- When you’re approaching a traffic signal light and the car in front of you is driving slower than your daed grandmother — until the light turns yellow and he guns it through the intersection, leaving you at the red light.
- Drivers who are preoccupied with something other than driving. This can include — and I’ve witnessed them — applying mascara, text messaging, eating a hot dog, discplining the kids in the back seat, rifling through a purse, picking something up from the floor of the car and shaving.
Oh, there are so many more.
AskMen.com posted a list of the Top 10 Driving Etiquette Mistakes, many of which I agree with. Here’s the list:
- “Nudging” pedestrians
- Driving too slowly
- Double parking
- Leaving your brights on
- Not letting other cars merge
- Honking at traffic lights
- “Sharing” your music
- Not cleaning your car in the winter
- Not using your turn signals
I wish there was some kind of mandated punishment for bad drivers, a tortuous penalty they would have to face for their poor choices behind the wheel. Like maybe they should take a driving class where they are subjected to their own awful driving. I bet they would change their ways.
Got any pet peeves when it comes to driving?