It’s funny how weddings can connect people.
Now that I’m getting married, I can’t tell you how much advice I’ve been getting from brides, newlyweds and women who have been married longer than I’ve been alive.
But there are still a few lingering questions my girlfriends and I have discussed — some at length.
So I thought I’d ask you folks for your input.
Here are our questions regarding everything wedding:
• Do you still have to ask your parents and in-laws for a list of who they want invited to your wedding — or is that an outdated tradition?
• Are you liable if you serve alcohol at your wedding reception?
• If you’re invited to a wedding and can’t attend, do you still have to give a gift?
• Can you put items on your gift registry that have nothing to do with housewares — like video game consoles, gourmet foods and electronics?
• Can you still not wear white to a wedding?
• What’s the tradition of a groom’s cake and do people still do that?
• It is OK to serve Costco sheet cakes at the reception instead of the wedding cake?
OK, everyone, let’s hear it!