Thanksgiving is all about giving thanks. (Hence the name.)
But we all tend to be thankful about the usual things — health, family, friends, paychecks and health insurance.
But what about the little things we often take for granted?
That’s what I’m interested in!
So let’s compile a list of things that we often don’t think about, but when we do, we realize just how grateful we are to have the these things in our lives.
Here are a few to get us started:
• Swiffer. I can’t imagine my life without it.
• Dog training pads. I don’t have to train my dogs anymore, but I love that I can leave them home all day and they don’t pee on the furniture.
• Tampons. OK, this might be a little TMI, but the ladies out there understand this one. Trust me, it’s one of the greatest inventions of all time.
• Patio, lanais and decks. I have two of these, and I take full advantage of them. I love that I can enjoy the outdoors — and my clean bathroom is just down the hall.
• Cable TV. Because I don’t know how else I would waste so much time.
• Amazon.com. How in the world did I buy stuff before this site?
• Those Japanese scrubbing body towels. You know which ones, the kind you find at Marukai or Longs. Anyway, there’s just no other way to take a shower.
• There’s enough sunlight to surf in the morning and still get to work on time. Enough said.
OK, what are yours?
Happy Thanksgiving Cat!
I’m thankful for Jesus dying for for me and having him in my life.
I’m thankful for my wife
I’m thankful for my kids
I’m thankful for my family
I’m thankful for my health
I’m thankful for my friends
I’m thankful for my job
I’m thankful for the roof over our heads
I’m thankful for the food everyday
I thank God all the time for my glorious son Nathaniel, the 5.5 years I lived on Oahu, the phenomenal friends I have, and that despite the remarkably long list of supremely stupid things I’ve done in my lie I woke up this morning.
CAT: Besides all the usual stuff we are thankful for I am most thankful for : Toilet Paper! Sears catalog, newspaper, leaves…they don’t cut it.
“…a little TMI…”, Cat? Some things your lovable fans just don’t need to know. 😛
Hey Cat: … I’m thankful for Cat‘s blog … and the TMI moments you give to us …
… and I love though Japanese body towels too … how would you ever wash your back without it??? …
… I’m thankful for Q-Tips …
… I know you’re not supposed to stick it in your ear … but what the frick do you do when water gets in your ear??? … or when you have an itch inside your ear??? …
… and these little things are so useful … I use Q-Tips for a lot of things besides what I’m not supposed to use it for … so damn handy when cleaning small tight areas …
I tried getting one of those salux scrubbing cloth at a Walmart in North Carolina…only blank stares at my inquisition.
Guest: You can mail order Salux from this company: https://www.saluxshop.com/USA-CHOICES_c7.htm
I’m not sure how many others sell it (mail order) in the USA. Either that or, if you still have connections to Hawaii, perhaps someone there can mail some to you.
I tried to get a salux at amazon but I got the knockoff. I got the real one direct from the saluxshop.com also. I just love it.