Thanksgiving is all about giving thanks. (Hence the name.)
But we all tend to be thankful about the usual things — health, family, friends, paychecks and health insurance.
But what about the little things we often take for granted?
That’s what I’m interested in!
So let’s compile a list of things that we often don’t think about, but when we do, we realize just how grateful we are to have the these things in our lives.
Here are a few to get us started:
• Swiffer. I can’t imagine my life without it.
• Dog training pads. I don’t have to train my dogs anymore, but I love that I can leave them home all day and they don’t pee on the furniture.
• Tampons. OK, this might be a little TMI, but the ladies out there understand this one. Trust me, it’s one of the greatest inventions of all time.
• Patio, lanais and decks. I have two of these, and I take full advantage of them. I love that I can enjoy the outdoors — and my clean bathroom is just down the hall.
• Cable TV. Because I don’t know how else I would waste so much time.
• Amazon.com. How in the world did I buy stuff before this site?
• Those Japanese scrubbing body towels. You know which ones, the kind you find at Marukai or Longs. Anyway, there’s just no other way to take a shower.
• There’s enough sunlight to surf in the morning and still get to work on time. Enough said.
OK, what are yours?