For fans of CBS’ “Hawaii Five-0,” the newspaper suggested the following:
• Steal your giftee’s iPod and download Hawaii Magazine’s eight most romantic songs from the Aloha State, or head over to Kona Coffee for a special bag of sought-after extra fancy or peaberry beans grown on the Big Island’s Kona Coast.
• Pick up a faux coconut cup and fill it with the coconut-flavored M&Ms released last winter. Or whip up some brandied pineapples, bananas and other tropical fruit in real coconuts — Group Recipes shows you how — for a homemade touch.
• For the uber-fan of the original or the remake, buy a decent replica of the Five-0 badge at Collectible Badges or the complete first season of the original series.
I wondered if we — the folks who live here and the twee-kers who love the show — could come up with a better list for “Five-0” fans.
Here’s my list to start:
• Show your school spirit with a Kukui High School T-shirt
• The tackiest Aloha shirt you can find (like from Chin Ho Kelly’s wardrobe in tonight’s episode)
• A Hawaiian dictionary. Maybe then they could translate what Chin Ho and his “cuz” Kono Kalakaua are saying to each other.
• Better yet, “Peppo’s Pidgin to Da Max” by Douglas Simonson, Pat Sasaki, and Ken Sakata or “Da Kine Dictionary” by Lee Tonouchi
Got any others?
CAT’S GIFT IDEAS
SHOPPING DAYS LEFT: 18
TODAY’S GIFT IDEA: Naughty/Nice charm from Tiffany & Co.
no images were found
Got a gift idea? Send ’em my way at [email protected]
Subscribe to Nonstop Honolulu on YouTube »
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Don’t judge me by my Christmas playlist
FUUD: Hot Pot Heaven in McCully
What’s normal, anyway?
Cat Chat episode 4: Eats for guests
ASK DR. DISH: Tip the mailman?
Amber-Lynn Hyden’s Top 5
The value in ‘not-to-do’ lists
FUUD: Afternoon tea at the Halekulani
Lots to be thankful for
Cat Chat episode 3: Whine and wine
Good luck at the airports today
Too much bromance?
The great food debate
FUUD: Gulick Delicatessen on King Street
Should Grandma still be driving?
TOP BLOG POSTS